College students are just settling in to their fall semesters, but it’s already time for them to start thinking about summer internship experiences!
All West/Select Sires is currently seeking intern applicants with intense curiosity who are willing to travel, work hard, and learn from the industry’s best! We are looking to hire one intern for a period of 10 weeks to work throughout All West Territory. This internship will begin on (or close to) June 15, 2020 and end on approximately August 21, 2020, as academic schedules permit.
Students majoring in Dairy Science, Animal Science, Agriculture Business or Agricultural Communications who are familiar with the cattle industry are preferred. While juniors and seniors will be given preference, sophomores will also be considered. Applicants must submit an application, cover letter and resume with references no later than January 1, 2020.
Our goal is to have our intern chosen and publicly announced by February 1, 2020.
A complete position description for the available internship is below.
Background and skills needed:
• Major in Dairy Science, Animal Science, Agriculture Business, Agriculture Communications or related area of study with a familiarity and passion for the dairy/beef industry.
• Valid driver’s license
• Participate in all aspects of the All West/Select Sires dairy and beef teams. This will include active involvement and learning with the following teams:
• Marketing & Communications Associates
• Social content creating, video interviewing and production, newsletter design
• Sales Representatives
• Account management, customer service
• Certified A.I. Technicians
• Technician services, estrous detection, etc.
• Warehouse Managers
• Semen handling, unpacking, order filling, inventory
• Genetic Consultation / Reproductive Solutions
• Breeding strategies, genetic selections, genetic audits, mating systems
• Report on your time spent with All West/Select Sires at the end of your internship by completing a survey with detailed comments and reviews.
• Location: Student will be working throughout All West Territory in California, Oregon and Washington.
• Availability: Full-time, Monday – Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm (or the equivalent of a 40-hour work week depending upon departmental work and assigned supervisor’s schedule)
• Compensation: Student is paid bi-weekly on an hourly basis
• Transportation: Student must provide his/her own transportation to and from work, but will have full access to company vehicle during work hours (including extended use for overnight trips)
• Flights from office to office (Burlington, WA – Turlock, CA) or elsewhere in the territory, will be arranged and purchased by All West/Select Sires.
• Housing: Each student is responsible for his/her own housing in close proximity to an All West office. Depending on the student’s home area, and desire to relocate for the 10-week internship, they will be working from either the Burlington, WA or the Turlock, CA facilities.
Hear more about our internship experience from our 2019 All West Summer Intern, Luke Wolfisberg in the video below!
Interested in an experience like Luke’s?
Please submit this complete application and include the following:
· Resumes with at least 3 listed references
· MUST be submitted electronically by January 1, 2020.
– Submit cover letters, resumes and applications HERE.