1. What is your name and where are you from?
“Matt Jansen from Albany, Oregon.”
2. When did you start working for All West, what is your current title, and where do you work?
“I started working for All West on August 1, 2016 as a Sales Representative in the Willamette Valley area of Oregon.”
3. How did you get involved in the A.I. industry?
“I grew up on a small dairy farm and the genetics always piqued my interest. I always wondered why two cows behaved so differently and I figured out pretty quickly it was because who Mom and Dad were and that’s how I first became interested in genetics. I have always loved the people of Select Sires and they are the ones who led me to pursue this job.”
4. Describe a typical day in your life on the job.
“I wear so many hats for All West that there is no typical day for me. “Make It Happen” is the only description I can come up with for myself. Whether it is sales, Select Mating Service (SMS), Select Reproductive Solutions (SRS), Optimal Genetic Pathways (OGP), Genetic Audits, technician service, or Agrarian animal health product consultation you can always find me busy helping our customers and my teammates.”
5. What do you enjoy doing when you are not at work?
“I enjoy playing disc golf and spending time with my wife and our young daughter, Jory.”
6. If it was your choice, what unique name would you give our next best-selling bull?
7. What is your favorite part of your job?
“My favorite part of my job is working with our producers to figure out how we can make their herds more successful through genetics and reproductive programs.
I really enjoy my coworkers and the people I get to interact with. Allan Hanselman and Chelsey Naito here in Oregon make my job so joyful.”