History was made this week. Never before has one stud dominated the top of the proven GTPI® list as Select Sires did this sire summary. The top six GTPI sires in the breed and the top seven highest Net Merit(NM$) sires carry the 7HO stud code. The leader on both lists is 7HO11351 SUPERSIRE, by quite a large margin at +2715 TPI and +934 NM$.
Although the August graduating class was not as large as our record-breaking April class, it was just as powerful. Select graduated the three highest new GTPI sires in the breed with 7HO11525 DONATELLO,7HO11419 HEADLINER and 7HO11585 STERLING and these three, plus 7HO11524 DANTE, are the four newbreed leaders for NM$.
–Charlie Will, manager of Holstein sire program
• Elite TPI sires, three new from +2524 to +2537 GTPI
• Elite NM$ sires, three new from +705 to +775 NM$
• Elite Milk sires, three new from +1,533 to +2,113 Milk
• Elite Combined Fat and Protein (CFP) sires, four new from +123 to +138
• High Component sires, four new plus on %Fat and %Protein
• High Type sires, two new from +2.21 to +2.40 PTAT
• High Udder Composite (UDC), two new from +2.18 to +2.62 UDC
• Calving Ease sires, seven new from 5.9 to 7.3%
• Seven new FeedPRO® sires,
• Three new graduates from +1.9 to +2.7 Sire Conception Rate (SCR)