Our 2021 All West Summer Intern has been selected! Congratulations to Mitchell Wesen!
Interested in being our 2022 All West Summer Intern? Mark your calendar to apply in Fall 2021!
Check back here for details regarding this position and learn more below.
All West/Select Sires Summer Internship
All West/Select Sires is seeking an amazing addition to the All West family in the form of a college student intern for the summer of 2022. We are looking to hire one intern for a period of 10 weeks to work throughout All West Territory. This internship will begin on (or close to) June 13, 2022 and end on approximately August 19, 2022, as academic schedules permit. A complete position description for the available internship is below.
Students majoring in Dairy Science, Animal Science, Agriculture Business or Agricultural Communications who are familiar with the cattle industry are preferred. While juniors and seniors will be given preference, sophomores will also be considered. Applicants must submit an application, cover letter and resume with references no later than January 1, 2022.
Background and skills needed:
- Major in Dairy Science, Animal Science, Agriculture Business, Agriculture Communications or related area of study with a familiarity and passion for the dairy/beef industry.
- Valid driver’s license
o Participate in all aspects of the All West/Select Sires dairy and beef teams. This will include active involvement and learning with the following teams:
- Communications and Marketing
- Social content creating, video interviewing and production, newsletter design
- Report on your time spent with All West/Select Sires by writing articles for DIAMONDcuts e-newsletter and appearing in a video interview.
- Sales Representatives
- Account management, customer service
- Genetic Consultation / Reproductive Solutions
- Breeding strategies, genetic selections, genetic audits, mating systems
- Certified A.I. Technicians
- Technician services, estrous detection, etc.
- Warehouse Managers
- Semen handling, unpacking, order filling, inventory
- Location: Student will be working throughout All West Territory in California, Oregon and Washington.
- Availability: Full-time, Monday – Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm (or the equivalent of a 40-hour work week depending upon departmental work and assigned supervisor’s schedule)
- Compensation: Student is paid bi-weekly on an hourly basis
- Transportation: Student must provide his/her own transportation to and from work, but will have full access to company vehicle during work hours (including extended use for overnight trips)
- Flights from office to office (Burlington, WA – Turlock, CA) or elsewhere in the territory, will be arranged and purchased by All West/Select Sires.
- Housing: Each student is responsible for his/her own housing in close proximity to an All West office. Depending on the student’s home area, and desire to relocate for the 10-week internship, they will be working from either the Burlington, WA or the Turlock, CA facilities.
Please submit this complete Application and include the following:
- Cover letter
- Resumes with at least 3 listed references
- MUST be submitted electronically by January 1, 2022.
- Submit cover letters, resumes and applications which will be found here in Fall 2021