Minimize the impact of inbreeding
StrataGEN is a unique sequential breeding system that offers optimal use of genomic insights to achieve individual herd-breeding goals while also minimizing inbreeding.
StrataGEN uses genomic insights to categorize both daughter-proven and young sires into one of four unique genetic lines based on common traits they have inherited from their ancestors. Each line is identified with a single color – orange, blue, yellow or red. Color coding the lines makes it easy to understand and implement the system.
Sires will continue to be developed and introduced into the StrataGEN program. Each sire will be genomic tested and categorized into the specific line matching their genetic make-up. The ongoing development of these five discrete and intensely selected lines will maintain line consistency and reduce inbreeding when crossing lines, while continuing to build genetic superiority.
Benefits of Mating with StrataGEN:
- Provides a genetic audit for optimizing sire selection
- Is simple to initiate and maintain
- Is an effective tool to reduce inbreeding
- Uses genomic technology to reduce inbreeding
- Works well in herds using a synchronization protocol
- Combines proven genetics and genomic technology
- Allows you to better capture genetic progress
- StrataGEN was specifically designed to allow herds to mass breed in a limited time frame!
Talk to your All West/Select Sires representative if you think StrataGEN could be an asset on your operation!
©StrataGEN and Simple. Smart. Progressive. are registered trademarks of Select Sires Inc