As our member-owners know, one of the many benefits of being a member of this farmer-owned cooperative is participating in important decisions by electing the governing body.
Each of All West Territory’s 20 districts is led by a Director and a Delegate. Cattle producers are elected by their fellow cooperative members to serve in these positions for a three-year term.
The duties of a Delegate and a Director are as follows below:
- Must be a member of All West/Select Sires and be in good standings.
- Purchase semen either directly or indirectly from All West on an annual basis for more than 50% of all females bred A.I.
- Must believe in and be supportive of the programs and patronize our Cooperative on a regular basis.
- Be willing to take the time to attend and participate in all meetings requested for the next 3 years. The All West/Select Sires Annual Meeting is held on the last Friday and Saturday of February each year.
- Work well with others, and be qualified to make decisions in the overall interest of the Co‐op and support majority decisions.
- Cannot expect or promote special favors for themselves, relatives, or friends.
- Do not discuss confidential matters with outsiders brought up at All West meetings.
- Be progressive in developing new ideas that will contribute to the success of the Cooperative.
- If you have any questions or need more information regarding this election, please contact our Burlington office at 1‐800‐426‐2697.
Each Fall, several districts hold elections, either in-person or through mail-in ballots to elect new (or reelect current) delegates and directors. This year, seven districts have elections! Below are the districts involved and information as to whether the election will be held at an actual meeting or will be done via mail-in ballots.
District #1 with district meeting invitation extended to District 5
Current Director: Rolf Veening (Lynden, WA)
Current Delegate: Jon DeJong (Lynden, WA)
Election being held: Wednesday, October 26, 2022 at 12:00 PM at Steakhouse 9 Bistro & Lounge (Lynden)
Current Director: Ranie Rupard (Ephrata, WA)
Current Delegate: Vacant
District #10 with district meeting invitation extended to District 5
Current Director: Paul Golob (Granger, WA)
Current Delegate: Jason Prins (Granger, WA)
Election being held: Thursday, October 27, 2022 at 12:00 PM at Snipes Mountain Brewery & Restaurant (Sunnyside)
Current Director: Chad Martin (Tillamook, OR)
Current Delegate: Eddie Gomes (Tillamook, OR)
Election being held: Friday, October 28, 2022 at 12:30 PM at Werner Beef & Brew (Tillamook)
Current Director: Michael Dotinga (Oakdale, CA)
Current Delegate: Justin Borges (Stockton, CA)
Election being held: Tuesday, November 8, 2022 at 5:30 PM at Firenze Ristorante (Oakdale)
District #24 & District #30 combined district meeting with separate elections for each district
Current District #24 Director: Jonathon DeGroot (Kerman, CA)
Current District #24 Delegate: Corey Zonneveld (Hanford, CA)
Current District #30 Director: Jace Leal (Tulare, CA)
Current District #30 Delegate: Mike Santos (Tulare, CA)
Election being held: Monday, November 7, 2022 at 5:30 PM at Cattlemens Steakhouse (Selma)
Current Director: Dennis Areias (Los Banos, CA)
Current Delegate: Vacant
If you are a cooperative member in one of these districts, we strongly encourage your attendance and participation at the meeting in your area. These meetings are a great place to enjoy food and fellowship, learn what is new at All West/Select Sires, and vote for your next district Director and Delegate. All member-owners of the districts above will be receiving either an invitation to a meeting or a mail-in ballot. Please RSVP accordingly.
As always, the governing board of Directors and Delegates is extremely important to the health of All West/Select Sires. Help us to make this fall’s election process the most customer-involved system yet by attending the event in your district!